"Nsukka my Home" (video, poem and story)


This month marks it exactly one year since the inception of this poem. Home has always been a special for me, and this, I make very obvious at every given opportunity. As a matter of fact, my blog article titled, "Of the Already Formed I Ran to" was actually born out of nothing else but love and value for the place I call home.


This strong love for my home combined with my affinity to nature led me to thinking of how I could do something remarkable for the place I adore so much. Of course, as a writer, the first thing I thought of was "write." Thus, I wrote, and the result of this writing became "Nsukka my Home."


As a ritual, each of my works ends up drawing a particular level of respect from me because sincerely, even I, the writer usually don't know the outcome of my work until I am done with it. Yes, creative writing is most times mystery even to the writer. It's like following a road you don't know. You only see where it leads when you have followed to the end. Therefore, as a creative writer, I am constantly discovering; discovering beauty, discovering styles, discovering life...


Like all my works, "Nsukka my Home" is another discovery. How I did it, I am not certain. But all I do know is, my creative instinct came calling and I followed. Out of all my poems, this is the most uniqu one. It's practically the first poem I wrote with a set tune. I mean, all I did was sit on one of the big stones that serves as my mother's local cooking stove, look around me, and boom! the swaying fronds and chirping birds gave me a tune. The video became necessary because, to truly appreciate nature's beauty, visual representation is often a better means of expression. 


Basically, "Nsukka my Home" is for Nsukka people. It is meant to celebrate Nsukka and her people. However, a non-Nsukka person can equally learn one or two things from it. For instance, lovers of nature can get inspired by the nature's beauty the video portrays. Again, people from all corners of the world can be inspired to love, appreciate and celebrate their home, and equally be proud of who they are. In the end, this becomes valuable to the society at large, because being proud of oneself and his/her root is the first step to developing any nation. Aye, it is only when one truly loves his/her home that they would want to do something beneficial to it. 


Hence, to Nsukka people, I say, join me as we celebrate our home with this rhyme. And to the non-Nsukka people, I also say, join me, and you might just be inspired to do something for your home too. 


One love. 

Find the video below:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Oga! Find me something" the story of the fearless security man

The love not requited: here is what you don't know